Monday, May 17, 2010

Dumdedum

I got my portfolio and sketchbook back from calarts in the mail today. It made me cringe, especially after coming back from drawing. No clue what I was thinking =P


Also, today was art side! All the art classes go to go outside and get in teams to do giant chalk drawings. We signed up late, so we got last pick of the paintings, and settled with Paul Klee's Carnival in the Mountains. I don't think it would have been so bad if the image they gave us hadn't been such crappy quality. It was impossible to tell what some of the darker areas of the image were. But altogether, it was pretty fun. I got a serious sunburn. There were some really great ones, including a freida kahlo (1st place) which you can see just beyond ours


Yea, I think it went pretty well. I would have loved to have done the Dali one though, it looked like tons of fun.
Anywho, I went to my last drawing class ever today :( But the model was AMAZING!











He actually got up on HIS HEAD. well, his shoulders. But it was for a full minute. Geez! All his poses were very dynamic.























The longer pose went sort of awry...somethings wrong but I can't decide what. head too small? shoulders too large? legs too small? I measured all of it....I can't tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment