Saturday, February 25, 2012

Figure Drawings of Late

See?? I promised an update and here one is.
This is all the figure drawing I've done in the first half of my figure drawing for animators 1 class, with Larissa Marantz, who is awesome!
It's nice to actually be taught some new concepts. I can't say that I've produced any beautiful, stunning, portfolio-worthy drawings in the class but I have at least felt like I've made some improvement? Maybe?
The class so far has been following along The Vilppu Drawing Manual and Michael Hampton's Figure Drawing: Design and Invention.
All of these go in order of the class...I don't know how long most of these are...nothing was more than 5 minutes though.


Week 1

Week 2




Week 3

Week 4



Week 5...boxes...ugh I hated boxes.


Week 6
We started doing "sketches" in preparation for our 6 hour sketch crawl for our midterm. I did terrible drawing this day, but it was kind of fun because the model was given instructions to act like superman and and prince at a ball, and we had to imagine the costumes ourselves.

Then we focused on drapery and that was a drag :/

Maybe in the second half of the semester I will have more pretty drawings! I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment