Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bu-bu-bum-bum!!


My depiction of Fraser playing Rhythm Heaven on Video Games Awesome, an internet show about people sitting on their couch playing video games (ok, so it's more of a live stream thing)
Yes, this is what I do with my time. Watch other people playing video games and then draw them fan art. It's the best.

I promise one day I'll post real work (I have been doing stuff, I swear!) I've got some pretty animashuns to post, some hardcore maya modeling I've had to do, and uh, some boxes I drew in one point perspective. Yea, my classes are kind of unbalanced with their difficulty right now. I probably have a lot of figure drawings too. I'm finally in a figure drawing class for animation and it is THE BOMB. Someone is teaaachiiing meeee!!

IN THE MEANTIME,
I have been writing a new blog about my awesome life and doing a few quick drawings for it just as quick little doodle illustrations. It's nice to draw things without any pressure to make them amazing.


Projects/things I want to do:
-Calvin and Hobbes fan comic
-Organic design/illustrations hearkening back to things I drew in high school. I realized how much I hate to design when I am worried about functionality all the time so it might be nice to loosen up and just have fun. I want to take my doodles--which are probably the most creative things I do right now--and make them real artworks.
-Hark a Vagrant style comics about Ancient Greece for my Western Civ class (this is the one most likely to happen since it is an actual project I will be graded on)
-Environment studies. I like drawing environments. Why don't I do it more often?

Someone asked me what my favorite thing was to draw the other day and I couldn't think of an answer....I don't know man. Does that make me a bad artist? (by bad I mean not dedicated enough)

In other news: This blog gets most of it's hits from people googling "rejected sheridan portfolio" Ha, that is kind of depressing.
To all those kiddos out there applying and getting rejected: it's not the end of the world. I promise. There are wonderful things waiting out there for you in the world. You just have to keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment