Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Meg of Little Women


I'm setting the bar nice and low for my first character design assignment...

The entire semester's assignment is to take a story, twist it, and redesign the characters based off another artist's style. I am taking Little Women and giving it a burlesque twist, as my amusement with the irony seems to know no bounds. I am *attempting* to emulate the style of Claire Wendling and Frank Stockton. They are both phenomenal artists, and as it turns out, I am not, so it is proving to be a rather difficult thing to do. This mostly just looks like anything else I would draw or paint. 

Hopefully the next ones will be better. 

This is Meg, by the way. The umbrella is a literary reference that makes me feel super smart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment