Saturday, February 5, 2011

Here's that thing I mentioned before that we did the first day of drawing systems this semester.
And here's a stamp design from 2D, with donuts....mmm...makes me hungry. Everyone thinks it's a reference to Tim Hortons, but they forget I'm American, and in America we buy our donuts from grocery stores like normal people.


I've found it really hard to get stuff done because I've been really depressed lately. :/
Today I woke up and could not get out of bed. I kept berating myself in my head, and also encouraging myself at the same time to do it. It seemed to cancel each other out. I had managed to keep asleep until 11:30, but I finally had to wake up and eat something. But then it was right back into bed, just sitting there for hours, willing myself to fall back asleep and to skip the whole day. Every time I took a breath my heart rose and dropped like a stone into water. Plunk.
I finally managed to get myself up after a good cup of chai, but I'll be damned if it isn't tempting to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head and make the whole world go away. I really need to get this sheridan stuff done though. Everything I do I end up redoing like 3 or 4 times. It sucks.
I don't know what to blame this on. The time of year, the stress of this portfolio, the change of my class, my diet, my lack of going outside....it's probably a combination really.
I'll get through this, I always do. Until then, everything is sort of at a stand still. Personal art, social life. It's all frozen, just like everything outside right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment