Sunday, March 27, 2011

100 Themes Challenge- Week 1


As some of you may know, I've been complaining a lot recently at about how incompetent I feel with digital art. So I decided to take the 100 themes challenge (see here for more info, I am doing variation 4) and use each theme as my start for a quick sketch a day.
So, without further ado, here are the first 8.
1. Life
I wanted to start with a photo reference just to get a feel for things. Unfortunately, a glass of water (supposed to represent life) is really hard to paint x.x
I guess this just goes to show how bad I am at this.
2. Youth
3. Content
I couldn't really think of anything good for this...so I went with my old stand-by of a naked lady. It's kind of like mature content...get it?
4. Change.
I've always wanted to do Doug Walker fan art
5. Dreams
This is how I've been sleeping a lot lately
6. Pessimistic
Ok, here I downloaded the REAL photoshop (not GIMP) and started playing with cool brushes and shit. It was fun
7. Pirate
8. Novel



Like I said, these are QUICK. I spend maybe 15-30 minutes on each of them. I'm not trying to create masterpieces right now. I just want to get comfortable using a tablet and all the tools. Maybe eventually I'll take some of these themes and do cooler stuff. But for now, yea, I feel like this is helping a bit. I'm also hoping this will spur some illustration skills and stuff.

Oh yea, I started a writing blog for the novel I am working on. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment