Monday, October 25, 2010

Graffiti Figure?

Sketchbooking a lot. I had this great idea about incorportating figure drawing and graffiti, I'm thinking it could make a really cool portfolio piece. I just can't figure out how to do it right...turning the figure into its own piece makes it seem very cubist and odd, but including it with words seems extraneous and out of place. I am having trouble finding an inbetween spot. Opinions?
The one on top below is just a word ^.^
Also...having issues with character design. I want to peg down the character for my portfolio this week, but I just don't know where to begin, or what they expect to see, or anything. I guess I should look at the rubric again.
I've also been mapping out and writing the first few pages of Queen of Awesome, so I can hopefully finish up to 4 pages and include that with the calarts portfolio...also gonna do a page of hands and possibly some longer pose stuff. I'm also planning on including the graphic novel piece I did in IB art last year, some of my sheridan portfolio, maybe some paintings (if I ever sit down and do any) or digital paintings (if I ever do some I kind of like). After that, all I have to do is fill my sketchbook up, and the portfolio should be set to go. 1 month and 3 weeks to go!! Ahhh!

As far as Sheridan portfolio goes, this week I hope to achieve some character design work (maybe begin the rotation), do the hand portion, and also begin the line room drawing.

On top of that, I have to do a 3d cardboard bust of myself, research and an annotated bibliography for a report on graffiti, and I'm planning on going to extra life 3 times this week.

Ahhh so much to do!! It's hard to be organized, I write lists and set goals each day.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely like it with the words. I think adding a little color would really make it come together.

    Keep doin' what you do!

    ReplyDelete