Saturday, October 30, 2010

Influence Map

I saw this in someone else's blog and just had to do it myself. Rather than putting down artists that influence me (because there are so many even I can't keep track of them) I put down other things that inspire me and things I keep in mind when I try to create something. I just realized I didn't include as much animation as I should have. If I had remember, I would have included work from Pixar and Miyazaki probably. I would have also put in Rhapsody in Blue from Fantasia 2000. That short is what I would pinpoint as the work that made me want to be in animation.

1. 90s Nicktoons
2. 90s Cartoon Network (remember cartoon cartoon fridays? me and my brothers used to wait for that all week long!)
3. Other people's sketchbooks
4. Kurt Vonnegut
5. Indie Rock
6. Sci-fi, space travel, etc
7. The coming of spring
8. Elfwood.com
9. The human form
10. The Colorado Rockies (or just nature in general)
11. Felicia Day, Ellen Degeneres, Tina Fey
12. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
13. Road trips, travel, adventures
14. TED talks
15. Student Films (examples here are Pull, Crater Face, and Work. Some of my favorites)
16. Funny comics
17. Steampunk
18. Graffiti
19. Street Art
20. Random ass silliness, like Flaming Chickens
21. Pretty much every other page in Illustration Now
22. Fantasy art. Elves, fairies, dragons, etc
23. Video game art and animation. Legend of Zelda is one of my all time favorites


Yea, definitely should have included Rhapsody in Blue....
Actually, just looking at this, I can think of a zillion other things. Oh well. Perhaps I'll make another some other time...when it's not 3 am...

No comments:

Post a Comment